EID HOLIDAY’S OF OFFICERS/OFFICIALS OF P.T.A. & D.R.T.As CANCELLED

Sameer Nazir
KARACHI:
Secretary Transport has cancelled the Eid Holidays of all officers/officials of Provincial Transport Authority Sindh, Karachi and all the District Regional Transport Authorities in Sindh and directed them to keep their offices opened during Eid Holidays to facilitate the general public to entertain complaints regarding excess charges of the public transport fares.

PUBLIC COMPLAINTS MUST BE DISPOSED OFF WITHIN SPECIFIED TIME – CHIEF SECRETARY

Sameer Nazir
KARACHI:
Chief Secretary Sindh Sajjad Saleem Hotiana has asked the provincial secretaries and heads of the departments to expeditiously ensure the disposal of the complaints and applications forwarded them by the Chief Secretary office from time to time. He noted that no delay in disposing off such cases would be ignored.
He was commenting on a report submitted to him by Incharge Complaint Cell & Director P.R. Naukhaiz Anwer Siddiqui, according to which over 2000 complaints received out of which 82% have legally been disposed off, while the work is in progress on the remaining 18%.
Meanwhile, Sajjad Saleem Hotiana today forwarded various applications of the different complainants to the secretaries of services, health and home departments for necessary action and report as per rules and government policy, within 03 to 07 days. He further emphasized to ensure prompt action on the complaints within the specified time.

MS. LUBNA SALAHUDDIN WORKING AS ADDITIONAL SECRETARY IN EDUCATION DEPARTMENT – SPOKESMAN CLARIFIES

Sameer Nazir
KARACHI:
A spokesman for Education & Literacy Department Sindh has contradicted a news item appeared in section of press regarding posting of Ms. Lubna Salahuddin as Special Secretary Education and said that Mr. Lubna Salahuddin is a Senior Officer of Grade 19 (Ex-PCS). She joined Education and Literacy Department as Additional Secretary (BS-19) and was given look after charge of Special Secretary-III, Education and Literacy Department as stop-gap arrangement.
The spokesman said that in pursuance of orders of Honorable Supreme Court of Pakistan on OPS issue, Ms. Lubna Salahuddin was relieved of the look after charge on 22nd May, 2014. The spokesman clarified that she is now working as Additional Secretary (BS-19) in Education and Literacy Department.

HOME SECRETARY ORDERS ENQUIRY AGAINST POLICE OFFICERS/OFFICIALS

Sameer Nazir
KARACHI:
Dr. Niaz Ali Abbasi Secretary Home Department Sindh has ordered enquiry against the police officers and officials allegedly involved in extortion and high handedness on transporters, passengers on the Hub River Road.
Taking serious notice of complaints, that police officers/officials at Hub River Road in the area of Machko Police Station allegedly involved in extortions, plundering and high handedness being inflicted by them on transporters, passengers and road users, the Home Secretary directed the Deputy Inspector General of Police South Zone Karachi to conduct fair and impartial enquiry and take legal action against the officers/officials and submit report within 10 days.