SYRIA: At least 29 people, mostly Turkish-backed Syrian rebels, were killed in a suicide blast near Syrian town of Al-Bab which was recaptured just hours earlier from militant outfit Daesh. According to foreign news agency the suicide bomber blew the vehicle packed in explosives up in Susian, a town some eight kilometers of Al-Bab. The blast also destroyed two command posts of Turkish-backed Syrian rebels and wounded a large number of fighters. Turkey sent troops into Syria last August in an operation against as well as US-backed Kurdish fighters. The battle for Al-Bab has been the bloodiest of the campaign which left at least 69 Turkish soldiers dead.
• $50 billion wiped off ASX after nuclear blast
• Fire destroys 100 vehicles at car yard
• Transparency watchdog returns
• Football: Blatter hit with FIFA bribery probe
• N Korea claims hydrogen bomb test