KARACHI: Sindh High Court (SHC) on Monday set aside Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) decision to disqualify Pakistan People Party (PPP) leader Bashir Ahmed Halipota as member of Sindh Assembly. A division bench of Sindh High Court (SHC) headed by Justice Munib Akhtar heard the petition of Halipota against his disqualification by the ECP. The ECP had disqualified as MPA on an application of Hassam Mirza, son of former Sindh Home Minister Zulfiqar Mirza.
• $50 billion wiped off ASX after nuclear blast
• Fire destroys 100 vehicles at car yard
• Transparency watchdog returns
• Football: Blatter hit with FIFA bribery probe
• N Korea claims hydrogen bomb test