ISLAMABAD: Debutant Abubakr Mahmood penalty corner hat-trick helped Pakistan beat New Zealand 4-2 in the third test at Wellington’s National Hockey Stadium on Monday. Pakistan’s scorers included Abubakr Mahmood (three goals and Haseem Khan (one goal). Cory Bennett and Stephen Jennes scored one goal each for New Zealand, said a press release issued here. This is youngster Abubakr Mahmood’s first selection in the Pakistan’s senior national team. He hails from Faisalabad. The five match series now stands leveled at 1-1. After losing the first test, the green-shirts have shown an improved performance to draw the second game. The fourth test willbe played on Wednesday.
• $50 billion wiped off ASX after nuclear blast
• Fire destroys 100 vehicles at car yard
• Transparency watchdog returns
• Football: Blatter hit with FIFA bribery probe
• N Korea claims hydrogen bomb test