At least 14 children, including four girls, died while 4 other get effected as a new wave of measles hit Balochistan’s Zhob district on Saturday. District Vice Chairman Zhob district Maulvi Jarullah said that the disease broke out in the Tansara Union Council and affected the areas of Bayan Zai, Zakariya Zai and Kakshaim. Immediate measures are required to contain the epidemic, he added. Earlier, provincial secretary health Noorul Haq Baloch, on the directive of CM Balochistan Sanaullah Zehri, dispatched teams of experts to the affected district. District Health Officer (DHO) Zhob Dr Muzaffar Shah also confirmed the spread of the disease.
• $50 billion wiped off ASX after nuclear blast
• Fire destroys 100 vehicles at car yard
• Transparency watchdog returns
• Football: Blatter hit with FIFA bribery probe
• N Korea claims hydrogen bomb test