ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister, Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan Sunday dispelled the impression that the peace dialogue between the government and Taliban militants had suffered a stalemate.
Addressing a press conference here, Nisar said the government and army were jointly taking the dialogue process forward and warned that internal and external forces were present to sabotage the peace talks.
He said the government had only released non-combatant people linked to the Taliban and termed freeing the combatants completely out of the question.
In connection with the ongoing investigation into the Islamabad fruit and vegetable market bomb attack, he said he was himself getting updates from the concerned police officials on details of the progress into the probe.
He said the intelligence gathered so far points towards unsuspected links and that the location from where the explosives-laden crate of guava was dispatched had also been identified.
Chaudhry Nisar said the investigation will gain further momentum in the days ahead.