Karachi: Nabiha Chaudhry, a female under training CSP officer who mysteriously died in her hostel room, has been laid to rest in a local graveyard in Karachi on late Friday night.
Earlier, Nabiha’s body reached at her residence in Gulshan-e-Iqbal Block 13A. Her funeral prayer was offered at Baitul Mukadam mosque and later she was buried in Esa Nagri graveyard.
The CSS officer, Nabiha Chaudhry, who had been undergoing training allegedly immolated herself in her room at the Punjab Audit and Accounts Institute in Liberty Market on Wednesday.
Nabiha Chaudhry, who belonged to the 41st batch of the Central Superior Services, had been undergoing training at the Institute since June.
A murder case has been registered on the complaint of Director Administration of Punjab Audit and Accounts Institute against unknown persons in Ghalib Market police station while police is trying to unearth the truth behind her death.
Police said circumstantial evidence suggested that she ended her life by setting herself on fire after sprinkling petrol on herself. Police also recovered a bottle of petrol from the spot.
SP CIA said Nabiha had apparently committed suicide as her room was locked from inside.
Meanwhile, the mother and sister of the deceased rejected the police claim of her suicide.
Talking to the media at the institute after arriving from Karachi, the mother questioned the basis of the police claim that Nabiha’s death appeared to be a suicide. She said that the girl who had claimed that Nabiha had procured petrol was lying, and added that the training institution would be nominated in the FIR. She said Nabiha’s father had also been murdered a few years back. “She was a brave girl. How could she take her own life?” wondered Nabiha’s mother.
Nabiha’s sister told reporters that the deceased had exchanged pleasant messages with her in the day. She added that her sister was a religious person who was quite satisfied with her life, and her being suicidal was out of the question. She said that an ASI had informed her over the phone that her sister had died in a fire incident.