National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Thursday has accepted the plea bargain of former finance secretary Mushtaq Raisani who has offered to return Rs2 billion. According to details, Mushtaq Raisani has confessed to the charges after which his plea bargain was approved however, he will be suspended from his post. With the suspect caught keeping millions in illegal money and owning property obtained beyond his known sources of income, it appeared to be an open-and-shut case ending with his conviction until NAB’s decision on Wednesday. Mushtaq Ahmed Raisani hit the headlines on May 6, 2016, when NAB seized over Rs730 million hard cash from his house in Quetta hours after he was taken into custody.
• $50 billion wiped off ASX after nuclear blast
• Fire destroys 100 vehicles at car yard
• Transparency watchdog returns
• Football: Blatter hit with FIFA bribery probe
• N Korea claims hydrogen bomb test