Death toll hits 12 as Pakistan, India continue cross-border shelling

SIALKOT: Eight people were killed in the Chaprar Sector due to the cross border firing by the Indian security forces while three others were injured in Sajeet Garh sector of Sialkot area as a result of shelling.
According to ISPR, Pakistan Rangers effectively responded to ‘unprovoked firing’ by BSF. As many as 20,000 people have so far migrated from the area due to the ongoing exchange of fire between Pakistani and Indian border forces at the working boundary.
While in India, two people were killed overnight Tuesday and 18 injured, some of them critically, director general of police K Rajendra told.
An AFP reporter in the area said intermittent gunfire was continuing and residents had fled their homes after shelling damaged several houses and ripped power cables and electricity transformers.
Earlier, Adviser to the Prime Minister on National Security and Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz released a statement on Tuesday expressing deep concern over the recent escalation of ceasefire violations at the Line of Control and Working Boundary by Indian security forces.
PM Nawaz summons National Security Council meeting
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has summoned a meeting of the National Security Council on Friday in light of recent border clashes, Express News reported.
The meeting which will be held at 10am will discuss matters pertaining to the recent clashes along the Line of Control and the Working Boundary as well as progress in the ongoing Operation Zarb-e-Azb in North Waziristan.