GUJRANWALA: Three minor siblings who had arrived at aunt’s house to celebrate Eid second day were electrocuted on Wednesday by the flow of current in a utility pole.
The tragedy took place near Kohluwala area. According to media reports, 10-year-old boy came in contact with a utility pole that had current flow running through.
Upon seeing their brother in trouble, the two minor sisters came to rescue, all three of them were electrocuted as result of touching the pole and each other.
The uncle of the deceased children said that the children had come to their aunt’s house at Shadman Town area.
The incident sparked a sense of fear throughout the area resulting in grounding of neighbourhood children.
The father of the three children is a labourer.
The dead bodies were sent to the DHQ hospital for postmortem. The neighbourhood protested against the incident after blocking the road and chanted slogans against Gujranwala Electric Power Company (GEPCO).
Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif took notice of the incident and ordered investigations. GEPCO chief Mian Munir suspended Line Superintendent of Khayali Sub division, Babar Rashid and Line Man Muhammad Latif. He said that the incident will be fully probed and culprits will be brought to justice.