LAHORE: At least two hundred and ninety nine madrassas (seminaries) have been found involved in terrorism and sectarian activities in Punjab, documents obtained by media revealed on Tuesday. As per geo-tagging database, there are 13,798 madrassas across the province out of which 56 have been listed in Category A, 243 in Category B, and 13499 in Category C. Category A shows number of present and former teachers and students actively involved in terrorism and sectarian activities. Category B highlights facilitators while Category C shows number of religious seminaries not involved in terrorism and sectarian activities.
• $50 billion wiped off ASX after nuclear blast
• Fire destroys 100 vehicles at car yard
• Transparency watchdog returns
• Football: Blatter hit with FIFA bribery probe
• N Korea claims hydrogen bomb test