KARACHI: The Government of Sindh has allotted 1408 acres of land in the Wind Corridor of Thatta District for development of 49.5 MW Wind Energy project by Master Wind Energy Limited. The signing Ceremony was organized in the Energy Department. The lease Document was signed by Brig Retd Tariq Izaz on behalf of the Master Wind Energy Ltd.
An investment of US Dollars 130 million has been arranged through local and foreign financing for the project. The major portion of the project costs will be provided by Overseas Private Investment Corporation, USA (OPIC) and the rest of the project financing has been arranged by a Consortium of local Banks. The project will start its Commercial Operations in July 2016, and enhance the capacity of National Grid by adding 142.1 GWh of electricity every year.
The Construction Contract of the project has been awarded to project to Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited (a Chinese Company) , which will install 33 Turbines of 1,5MW each. The Wind turbines will be supplied by General Electric. The NEPRA has already awarded the fixed tariff to the project Company, whereas NTDC has also confirmed Power Evacuation from the project site. The project will support the international concerns to reduce the environmental degradation.
The identified potential in the Wind Corridor is about 55,000, out of which only 156.4 MW has so far tapped and supplied to National Grid, which is less than 1 % of the total generation mix.
The Government of Sindh is providing a level playing field to local and international investors. The Energy Department is aggressively pursuing the development of power projects and has introduced various measures which include policy and technical issues, developer support framework, development of enabling infrastructure, structuring incentives for investors, collection of bankable data, one-window facilitation for investors and project developers, seeking technical support frominternational institutions, and attracting top manufacturers from North America, Europe, and China.
Witnessing the confidence evinced by the businesses, we are very confident that Sindh will be the largest renewable energy producer in near future.
NOTICE TO BE ISSUED TO SUGAR Mill MANAGEMENT
CM directs cane commissioner to ensure provision of govt rate to sugarcane growers
KARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah taking serious view of sugar mills Management reluctance to give government notified rate to growers has directed the Cane Commissioner Sindh to issue them show cause notices.
These directives he issued on the complaints of growers here on Sunday.
Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah has said that his government has notified minimum sugarcane price at Rs182 per 40 kh. “Therefore, the mill Management to bound to implement the government decision.” he said.
The chief minister said that the growers have sent him complaints against sugar mill Management that they were reluctant to pay the rate the government has fixed for sugarcane. “This can not be tolerated” he vowed.
Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali has directed the cane Commissioner to issue showcuase notices to the defaulting sugar mill Management in the first phase and in the second phase take action against them if they fail to implement government decision.
CM urges centre to export Sindh’s 0.5m ton wheat
KARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah has urged the federal government to lift 500,000 tons of wheat from Sindh for export and wave of the condition of $4500 subsidy on each ton.
This he said while talking to Opposition Leader in the National Assembly Syed Khursheed Ahmed Shah who called on him at CM House on Saturday.
He said that the federal government was lifting 800,000 tons of wheat of Punjab for export and 400,000 tons of Sindh. “This is not fair and an injustice to Sindh,” he added.
Opposition Leader Syed Khursheed Shah told the Chief Minister that he had taken up the Sindh case with Federal Finance Minister Ishaq Dar. “Now I would talk to him again and convince him to lift 100,000 ton of more wheat from Sindh. I’m sure he would oblige,” he assured the chief minister.
Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali said that new procurement season was approaching fast. “Around one million tons of wheat is lying in our godowns. How we would procure fresh crop,” he questioned.
He said that the federal government without taking Sindh government into confidence allowed import of wheat; as a result our stocks kept lying in our godowns. “Since the federal government has caused us loss, therefore, in principal it should pay subsidy from its own account,” he said.
It may be noted that the federal government has decided to lift 400,000 tons of wheat from Sindh against the payment of $4500 subsidy on each ton.