ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Information, Pervez Rashid on Saturday said the recounting of votes has not only confirmed Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chief’s defeat in NA-122 but also proved the latter’s allegations wrong.
“We reopened the constituencies (for audit) and none of Imran Khan’s allegations proved correct,” Pervez Rashid said while addressing a press conference here.
He said Pakistan Muslim League-N is the party that is waiting most impatiently for the tribunal’s decision on NA-122.
Pervez Rashid said the vote recount shows that Imran Khan lost to Ayaz Sadiq with even a greater margin in NA-122 when compared to the previous result.
He said Imran Khan had demanded election audit in four constituencies and results of the three had already come out while that of the fourth is in front of us today.
The Information Minister said the election tribunal has forwarded its report on the findings to the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP).
He said the allegations Imran Khan had hurled from atop the container, he later chose not to include them into his application for election audit.
Pervez Rashid said it was utmost effort of the government to convert the Peshawar tragedy into our strength.
He expressed his optimism about the role of National Action Plan and the 21st amendment of the constitution towards restoring peace in Pakistan and making it a stronger country.