KARACHI: Security was beefed up in the city for Jumma prayer, as Inspector General Sindh Police A D Khwaja directed police to make foolproof security in the city for Friday prayers. In the wake of recent wave of terrorism in the country, IG Sindh has directed police to make arrangements of patrolling, picketing and snap checking in the city. He asked police to take airtight security for Friday congregations with the help of Masajid and Imambargahs’ managements and caretakers. He asked the force to be vigilant and alert during the prayer.
• $50 billion wiped off ASX after nuclear blast
• Fire destroys 100 vehicles at car yard
• Transparency watchdog returns
• Football: Blatter hit with FIFA bribery probe
• N Korea claims hydrogen bomb test