Hong Kong and Shanghai stocks were unmoved at the open Tuesday on the first trading day of the year. The Hang Seng Index dipped 0.2 percent, or 43.25 points, to 21,957,31 soon after opening. The benchmark Shanghai Composite Index edged up 0.05 per cent, or 1.67 points, to 3,105.31. The Shenzhen Composite Index, which tracks stocks on second exchange of China, added 0.17 per cent, or 3.44 points, to 1,972.55.
• $50 billion wiped off ASX after nuclear blast
• Fire destroys 100 vehicles at car yard
• Transparency watchdog returns
• Football: Blatter hit with FIFA bribery probe
• N Korea claims hydrogen bomb test