WASHINGTON: US President Donald Trump has agreed that US would continue cooperation with India over defense matters to further strengthen its relations with India and also to help keep China’s growing influence in north Asia. According to foreign news agency the US Secretary of Defense James Mattis contacted his Indian counterpart Manohar Parrikar during which the two leaders agreed that cooperation between the two countries related to all defense requirements as well as that on trade particularly defense matters with India would continue. It may be mentioned here that it was the first formal contact between the US and India after Donald Trump assuming of the office of US President.
• $50 billion wiped off ASX after nuclear blast
• Fire destroys 100 vehicles at car yard
• Transparency watchdog returns
• Football: Blatter hit with FIFA bribery probe
• N Korea claims hydrogen bomb test