Pakistan Blind Cricket Team defeated India by seven wickets their T20 Blind World Cup encounter at the Delhi Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium on Wednesday. he players wore their hearts on their sleeves fervently shouting out to each other to take the odd catch or stop the ball from hitting the boundary at New Delhi’s Feroz Shah Kotla ground. The white rattle ball barely rose up to their ankles but the Indian batsmen scored freely, much to the delight of the mostly blind spectators who followed the ball-by-ball commentary via loudspeaker. But their joy proved shortlived as the hosts lost the group stage match by seven wickets despite making a competitive 240-4 off 20 overs after opting to bat first.
• $50 billion wiped off ASX after nuclear blast
• Fire destroys 100 vehicles at car yard
• Transparency watchdog returns
• Football: Blatter hit with FIFA bribery probe
• N Korea claims hydrogen bomb test