KARACHI: A report, published by a monitoring committee of the provincial health department, said that water being supplied to the metropolis Gulberg and KDA Scheme 1 has presence of the fatal Naegleria fowleri bacteria. The six-member committee included representatives of the Karachi Water and Sewerage Board, Health Department, Public Health Engineering, Karachi Municipal Corporation and District Municipal Corporations and Director Health. Naegleria fowleri has claimed as many as two lives in the metropolis during the current year. The health experts have advised people to take precautionary measures.
• $50 billion wiped off ASX after nuclear blast
• Fire destroys 100 vehicles at car yard
• Transparency watchdog returns
• Football: Blatter hit with FIFA bribery probe
• N Korea claims hydrogen bomb test