Israeli troops in the occupied West Bank shot dead a Palestinian who attacked them with a knife overnight during an operation to arrest suspected militants, the army said on Tuesday morning. A military statement said that no soldiers were injured in the incident at Al-Fara Palestinian refugee camp, northeast of the city of Nablus. An assailant, armed with a knife attempted to stab soldiers on operational activity to arrest suspects, the English-language statement said. Forces called the attacker to halt and, upon his continued advance, fired toward him, resulting in his death. It added that others in the camp hurled explosives and shot at the soldiers.
• $50 billion wiped off ASX after nuclear blast
• Fire destroys 100 vehicles at car yard
• Transparency watchdog returns
• Football: Blatter hit with FIFA bribery probe
• N Korea claims hydrogen bomb test