KABUL: A suicide attack at parking of Afghanistan Supreme Court in Kabul killed least 19 people and injured 41 others. According to media reports, a suicide bomber on foot detonated as employees were boarding a bus to go home in the parking lot of the court compound. The casualty figures came from health ministry spokesman Waheed Majroh, who added that women and children were among the wounded. Police had blocked off the road around the compound as panicked relatives of court employees began to gather, and ambulances and fire trucks arrived on the scene. The carnage underscores growing insecurity in Afghanistan, where US-backed forces are struggling to combat a resilient Taliban insurgency as well as Al-Qaeda and the militant Islamic State.
• $50 billion wiped off ASX after nuclear blast
• Fire destroys 100 vehicles at car yard
• Transparency watchdog returns
• Football: Blatter hit with FIFA bribery probe
• N Korea claims hydrogen bomb test